Acne Consultation and Service with Enzyme Therapy
Body Acne Services
45 minutes / $50
90-120 min /$145
75 minutes / $99
In your consultation, we will:
- determine your skin type, acne type and skin tolerance
- give you recommendations for the products and services you will need to get clear
- go over aggravating factors that make you break out – foods, medications, cosmetics, stress, etc.
- give you a packet of information that has everything that we tell you in the consultation
If you decide to go on our acne-clearing program, you will be instructed on how to use your products for the first two weeks of your program.
Acne is a mysterious disorder, but one thing IS for sure – it can be controlled with the right combination of Acne Treatments, Diet , and Skin Care Products used in the correct way. Just as in a clogged drain, the pore must be treated with products that unclog it, keep it unclogged and kill the acne bacteria. DMK skin care products has what you need to do just this.
DMK Skin Revision Acne Clearing 12-Week Program at Kalena Facial Studio
Acne extraction can be an effective procedure to heal pimples faster, reduce future breakouts, and minimize the development of acne scars. When performed correctly, the extraction can remove comedones present in whiteheads and blackheads, thereby shortening the healing time of the breakout.
Further, when performed as a preventative measure, the removal of pore plugs through acne extraction ca prevent the acne cycle from starting, thus helping you keep the skin healthier on a regular basis.
Here at Kalena Facial Studio we offer acne extraction as one of many options to treat breakouts, in addition to DMK Acne Program and specialized acne products. When you visit us for a consultation, you DMK Paramedical Therapist will help you understand all of your options and will custom-tailor a treatment plan based on your unique goals.
BASICS of ACNE FORMATION
Most acne forms as the result of clogged pores and hair follicles. your skin is filled with millions of tiny openings that help keep it healthy and allow it to expel such substances as sweat and oils. One major player in the onset of acne as a network of tiny sebaceous glands the are located all over your body, except the palms of your hands and the soles of your feet.
The sebaceous glands secrete oil called sebum which helps keep the skin healthy and creates a barrier to reduce the chances of dirt and bacteria form entering your body. However, over-active sebaceous glands will produce too much sebum, causing the hair follicles and pores to become clogged with dirt and bacteria; which eventually leads to breakouts. in other instances, the problem isn't with sebaceous glands producing too much serum, but an ineffective skin cleansing routine that doesn't effectively cleanse pores, thereby creating plugs that make it difficult for the sebum to escape.
HOW ACNE EXTRACTION WORKS
The idea behind acne extraction is to carefully remove the comedones that have formed in the skin, to help the acne heal faster and prevent new breakouts from forming. In some cases, where the comedone has caused a pustule to form, the removal of the plug will reduce the size of the physical bump on the skin and will help get rid of the associated inflammation faster.
Acne extraction is an effective procedure for both breakout treatment, as well as prevention.
After the breakouts have subsided, maintenance acne extraction can be an effective tool for removing comedones before they become full-blown acne.
IS ACNE EXTRACTION EFFECTIVE FOR ALL TYPES OF BREAKOUTS?
Just as it is important to know how to extract acne, it's vital to know which pimples should be left alone. for example, cystic acne does not lend itself to easy extractions. these types of breakouts are very deep in the skin, and attempting to extract the comedones and bacteria can cause a lot of damage.
Without carefully analyzing the skin, and knowing which pimples can be treated with extraction and which are too dangerous to remove, you run the risk of severe, permanent skin damage.
Our Licensed Paramedical therapist can perform acne extraction safely and tailor the procedure for you unique skin needs.
We will want to see you every two weeks for an acne service. It typically takes about six to eight services over a 3 to 4-month period of time to get you mostly to completely clear. Your Acne Specialist will:
Assess what type of service your skin needs when you come in. They will also
Assess how your home care regimen will be adjusted so that your skin does not over-adapt and stop responding.
As you get clear, your services will become shorter – there just won’t be as many extractions to do. After your acne is under control, you will simply need to maintain your home care products to keep clear.
DMK has a clear-skin system that will have your acne under control in about three to four months depending on your type of acne. We combine the power of Paramedical-grade Home Prescriptive products that are customized for your type of acne and skin with a series of bi-monthly Professional treatments that facilitate the clearing of your skin.
We also teach you about other aggravating factors that make you break out – foods, medications, cosmetics, stress, and common ingredients in skin care formulations that might be clogging your pores (even professional and prescription products!).
DMK Skin Revision utilizes a blend of carefully chosen and researched botanical ingredients. DMK believes that the origin of most skin conditions is a result of disharmony within the skin. Using the principles of biochemistry, DMK has formulated a range of treatments and products that encourages skin to perform like youthful, healthy skin. By matching formulation with the body’s chemistry, the skin is encouraged to respond in a positive manner.
DMK Skin Revision treatments work with the internal function and structure of the skin to improve functioning, addressing the deeper concerns. Getting to the CORE of the problem.
Acne won’t vanish overnight, so you need to keep treating your complexion with prescribed DMK skincare.
Expect to pay about $150 for your first set of acne products at your first appointment.
We do not offer services or extractions to clients that do not use our home care products.
Body Acne Services
Acne on the body is assessed the same way as on the face. We still test the skin for sensitivity and tolerance to products. Often, the back needs stronger products because the skin is thicker and less sensitive than on the face. *Products not included in price of service.
- Don’t touch your face. Your hands aren’t always clean, and the bacteria on them can cause irritation and pimples.
- Don’t pop, squeeze or pick pimples. Prevent scarring by leaving acne alone.
- Gently wash your face twice daily with a mild cleanser. Washing too frequently and scrubbing can irritate skin and aggravate acne.
- Use non-comedogenic (non-pore clogging) skin care and cosmetics.
- Avoid alcohol-based products. They strip skin of its natural moisture, causing it to compensate with increased oil production.
- Allow enough time for acne products to take effect. Be patient – this can take up to eight weeks.
- Make sure your hair is clean. Oily hair can lead to acne around the hairline.
- Clean your makeup brushes and sponges. Prevent bacteria and dirt buildup by washing them in lukewarm water with a gentle cleanser or shampoo.
- Keep your smartphone clean with antibacterial wipes. Germs from your hands end up on your cheek and jawline while you chat, which could lead to pimples.
- Remove your makeup before bed. Make proper cleaning a regular part of your bedtime routine.
- Make sure your pillowcase is clean. Regular washing prevents bacteria from spreading.
- Take note of what triggers your acne. Triggers can include certain foods, facial products, stress, etc. Keep a symptom diary to help you make links over time.
- See a skin professional early for acne treatment.